This policy, together with our Terms and Conditions of Use, and any other documents referred to in them, sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Information we collect from you
The following information may be collected from you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the site.
- This includes information provided at the time of subscribing for any services provided by us through the site.
- We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by third parties (including companies) connected with Whaleys (Bradford) Ltd and when you report a problem with the site
- If you contact us (by post, email or any other method), we may keep a record of that correspondence
- We (or our agents) may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them
- Details of your visits to the site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
IP Addresses and Cookies
During your use of the site we may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser types, for system administration and to report aggregate information to third parties. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve the site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. For more information about cookies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org. You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies.
Use made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To enable us to provide information for all our services
- To provide you with information (including email) that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, unless you have told us that you do not wish to be contacted for such purposes [either by choosing the “unsubscribe” option in response to any of our emails
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also monitor user traffic on an aggregate basis in order to help us develop and improve the site for the benefit of all users. This data does not contain personal information. Please note in particular that statistical records are maintained of pages visited by users whether or not they have subscribed for any of our services.
- We will however send personally identifiable information about you to other organisations, companies or people when:
- We have your consent to share the information;
- We respond to court orders or other legal processes;
- We are required by law to provide information to others or we (in good faith) believe that we are required to do so by any order of the Courts or other competent body or agency;
- We are required to do so for the protection or defence of rights or property or to protect the personal safety of Whaleys (Bradford) Ltd employees or the public at large; and
- A service you have requested is supplied by a partner organisation on our behalf.
You are advised that the Internet is not a secure medium. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that data transmitted electronically to the site or otherwise and stored by us is not accessed by unauthorised third parties in accordance with the requirements of the DPA.
However, you accept the risk that data transmitted electronically to the site or otherwise may be intercepted before reaching the site or accessed from our data storage by third parties not authorised by us and may be exploited unlawfully by such unauthorised third parties.
Once we have received your information, we will use reasonable endeavours to keep your information confidential and store it on a secure server which is password protected and hidden behind a firewall from the outside world. Internal procedures cover the storage access and disclosures of your information.
All comments posted by users to the website are moderated reactively. We aim not to publish any content that:
- Contains comments that are unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive or threatening
- You do not hold the copyright for
- Is irrelevant to the topic under discussion
- Contains advertising or promotion
We reserve the right to withhold any content from publication without giving a reason.
By submitting to this site, you give Whaleys (Bradford) Ltd royalty-free rights to use, reproduce and adapt the submitted content. You also agree to indemnify Whaleys (Bradford) Ltd against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by Whaleys (Bradford) Ltd as a result of your breach of these rules.
The site has links to other websites which will have different privacy, trading and use policies and conditions and you should familiarise yourself with these policies before you use or submit any personal data to these websites.